Help us keep The Art Barge afloat
Thank you for your enthusiastic participation and support of Victor D’Amico Institute of Art/The Art Barge. 2015 proved to be the year for community events shared with other East End art institutions and organizations. Some of the highlights have included our Artists Speak series, a pop up exhibition and a book reading with our local neighbors. While there was the renewal of many familiar faces, there were also new students that came aboard The Barge for the first time and with that a sense of community.
As we close out another successful year, we are reminded that the weather will bring its annual challenges requiring us to ask you again for your help.
This is our only Appeal for funding.
- The Barge: This year we have plans and estimates for upgrading the lighting system in the upper deck studio and library, installing new gutters and leaders, repairing the road and enlarging the parking area.
- The D’Amico House: The House property consists of three buildings that need restoration, reconstruction and repair. We are also in the need of processing and archiving many of the documents, objects and artifacts for the future.
- Artists Speak: Help sponsor these intimate talks with world renowned artists. Your donation will help us keep sharing their unique knowledge and experience.
- Teacher Training Program: Continuing Victor’s legacy relating to art education, we need sponsors to support our renewed focus on training teachers to learn to teach. Our certification program is a valid art educational retreat for teachers of all backgrounds.
- Office and Administration: Assist us with advancing our tech capabilities including our online development, book keeping, accounting and general year round and seasonal administrative duties; such as volunteer recruiting and house tour docents.
The Victor D’Amico Institute of Art is tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your total contribution of any amount is tax deductible to the full extent allowable by law.